- December 1, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Pakatan Harapan leader Anwar Ibrahim said PKR and Amanah would explore the proposal of a merger.
- Although a formal proposal has been made and leaders of both parties are aware of it, he said there have been no formal discussions on the matter.
- The proposal has been submitted and both PKR and Amanah leaders are aware of it and will explore the idea.
- “The idea of merging both parties has been thrown around for some time by some PKR members,” he was quoted as stating by Free Malaysia Today after visiting a morning market in Kuala Lumpur.
- Former Selangor PKR Youth chief Najwan Halimi, who is PKR’s Kota Anggerik assemblyperson, said PKR and Amanah should consider merging as it would help Harapan win more Malay votes. He added that the merger would also resolve the seat allocation issue between both parties.
- Apart from this, Najwan said the marriage would also strengthen PKR following the Sheraton Move 2020. He claimed that the move had left PKR with a leadership vacuum at the national, state and grassroots levels.
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/601241
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/601395