- February 20, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Pakatan Harapan (PH) said it would take the Registrar of Societies (RoS) to court on 22 Feb 18, close to seven months after the coalition applied to become a legal entity.
- PH chairman Dr Mahathir Mohamad said the legal action would compel RoS to respond on the status of its application submitted on 24 Jul 17.
- RoS had stated PPBM’s failure to hold its first annual general meeting, as well as DAP’s problem over its central executive committee (CEC), as reasons for the delay.
- PPBM has since held its annual general assembly, while RoS has also recognised DAP’s top leadership line-up.
- Mahathir on 20 Feb 18 said RoS has failed as a government agency. “Intentionally or not, by not replying to our application, RoS is actually helping Barisan Nasional to win the election. It’s wrong for a government department to be one-sided in carrying out its duties,” he said.
- Mahathir also questioned the latest list of early voters, saying there has been a huge increase in the number of postal voters. “If this list is introduced, we find that many of them will probably vote BN. We know in GE13 there were more than 400,000 registered as early voters. This had a huge negative impact towards the opposition. Now the list is almost 1,000,000 voters,” he said.