- May 26, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- PAS has decided not to field a candidate for the by-election in Chini, Pahang, on 4 Jul 20, allowing Barisan Nasional (BN) to represent Perikatan Nasional (PN) in contesting the state seat.
- Pahang PAS commissioner Rosli Abdul Jabar said the Islamist party will also be mobilising its election machinery to ensure the seat remains with PN.
- He said he expected BN to keep the seat, which the coalition had won by a 4,622-vote majority in a three-cornered fight involving PAS and Pakatan Harapan, during the 14th general elections.
- PAS urged the opposition not to contest the by-election. PAS vice-president Mohd Amar Nik Abdullah said besides the fact that the opposition will find it difficult to win the Pahang state seat, it will also be challenging to campaign with movement restrictions to curb Covid-19 in place.
- “The Chini constituency is a Barisan Nasional stronghold, and it is difficult for others to win it. He added that it will be hard to enforce social distancing and other health standard operating procedures should a contest take place.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/248769