- February 11, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- PAS has formally notified Umno that it intends to table a motion of support for the leadership of Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad, said Umno deputy president Mohamad Hasan.
- According to Mohamad, PAS deputy president Tuan Ibrahim Tuan Man made the intention known at its muafakat nasional steering committee meeting.
- “Tuan Ibrahim raised it at tonight’s meeting. We want to know what this is about and we have taken note. It will now be discussed by Umno.
- “We will make a decision when the time is right,” he told reporters at Umno headquarters in Putra World Trade Centre tonight.
- Mohamad said the meeting did not discuss working with Dr Mahathir Mohamad or forming a new coalition, Pakatan Nasional, with PAS.
- On 9 Feb 20, PAS said it will be discussing with Umno at its muafakat nasional monthly meeting on 11 Feb 20 its proposal to move for a vote of confidence in Dr Mahathir.
- Tuan Ibrahim said a vote of confidence should be put through in Parliament due to the political instability caused by the agreement to hand over the post of prime minister to Anwar Ibrahim.
- Tuan Ibrahim said the proposal was private, could be taken by any MP and it was up to the house to accept or reject it.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/218269