- February 2, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- PAS recognises that the series of “betrayals” by Umno was not perpetrated by the Malay party as a whole but by a certain faction. However, PAS information chief Khairil Nizam Khirudin said there is a limit to the Islamist party’s patience in dealing with Umno’s antics.
- “We cannot put Umno in a single basket. There are certain clusters. The cluster that we respect is the ones in the government who want to unite Muslims and restore Malaysia’s place after the Covid-19 pandemic. However, there is a limit to PAS’ patience,” he said during a dialogue with Bersatu information chief Wan Saiful Wan Jan.
- Khairil did not mention names but said the cluster causing problems are those facing court cases and who have brought shame to the country internationally.
- “This court cluster is not rocket science; the information can be accessed anywhere. If you don’t believe it, just go overseas and ask what people know Malaysia for.”
- Khairil said while PAS is staying patient, there could come a turning point. He added that there are several considerations to be made. He said if it is detrimental to Islam and Muslim unity, PAS will not “hesitate to take action on the relationship with Umno”.
- Khairil said if the party felt strongly about the issue, a special muktamar (general assembly) could be called for a decision to be made after which it will be submitted to the syura council to set a new policy.
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/609222