- July 5, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The Dewan Rakyat will convene for five days, while the Dewan Negara will sit for three days, said the Prime Minister’s office.
- In a statement, the PMO said the government has agreed to advise Yang di-Pertuan Agong Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri’ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah to summon the Dewan Rakyat for a special meeting from 26 Jul 21 to 29 Jul 21 and on 2 Aug 21.
- It said the Dewan Negara will sit for a similar special meeting from 3 Aug 21 to 5 Aug 21.
- “The meetings are to inform MPs of the government’s Covid-19 recovery plan and make changes to the laws to allow for hybrid meetings,” the statement said.
- The PMO said, based on Article 150(3) of the federal constitution, the emergency declaration will be tabled before the lower and upper houses.
- This article also outlines that both the declaration and ordinances can be revoked if Parliament elects to do so.
- It said the standard operating procedures (SOP) for the meetings of both houses will be set by the National Security Council and Health Ministry, adding that cabinet had been notified of Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin’s decision to advise the king to summon Parliament.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/325488/