- August 29, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The Pakatan Harapan (PH) presidential council made a firm decision not to cooperate with PAS in the next general election (GE14). In a statement issued after a three-hour meeting, Pakatan Harapan (PH) leaders said the opposition coalition will instead be preparing a strategy to manage the expected three-cornered contests in GE14.
- “We also managed to solve the problem on the appointment of state leaders,” PH chairman Dr Mahathir Mohamad said when approached by the media after the meeting ended, before telling reporters to refer to the statement for more details.
- Meanwhile, Amanah deputy president Salahuddin Ayub was pleased with the outcome of the meeting, particularly pertaining to the issue of not cooperating with PAS.
- Almost all the leaders in the PH hierarchy attended the meeting. However, Selangor Menteri Besar Mohamed Azmin Ali was notably absent. When asked how PH arrived at a decision without Azmin attending the meeting, Salahuddin, who is also a vice-president in PH, replied that it was a decision made by the four parties.
- The meeting followed reports that some PKR leaders were involved in negotiations with PAS on the allocation of seats in Selangor in GE14.