- July 20, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Almost four years after Nurul Izzah Anwar decided to let go of her post as PKR vice-president in 2018, the Permatang Pauh MP is said to be returning to the position soon.
- According to a PKR insider close to newly-minted deputy president Rafizi Ramli, Nurul Izzah has agreed to be appointed to the position again.
- “On 19 Jul 22, party president (Anwar Ibrahim) held a meeting with Rafizi and another individual, who is Anwar’s adviser.
- “The meeting saw all of them agreeing to the idea of appointing Nurul Izzah as PKR vice-president,” the source told Malaysiakini.
- For the record, Nurul Izzah announced her resignation as PKR vice-president on 17 Dec 18, a decision which shocked many party leaders and supporters.
- She also resigned as the Penang PKR chairperson then.
- Meanwhile, the source said the party leadership has also agreed to appoint Selayang MP William Leong as PKR treasurer, while Lembah Pantai MP Fahmi Fadzil is to be party information chief.
- “As far as I know, only these three positions have been decided. The other posts would be discussed between the president and Rafizi on 20 Jul 22 before the start of the party central leadership council meeting that night,” said the source.
- Another source told Malaysiakini that PKR has not decided on who will fill the position of party secretary-general.
- “Besides Saifuddin Nasution Ismail, former Federal Territories PKR chairperson Zahir Hassan is among the names being discussed for the role.
- “Zahir is Rafizi’s choice. But many party leaders want Saifuddin Nasution to continue holding the post.
- “Whatever it is, the final decision will be tonight.”
- When contacted, Saifuddin Nasution said he has no information about the matter.
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/628996