- October 30, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- BERSATU president Muhyiddin Yassin said Umno members, including MPs, have met him and party chairman Dr Mahathir Mohamad about joining their party. Muhyiddin said the party, however, would not indiscriminately accept all who wanted in.
- “Many have come to see me and Dr Mahathir. They tell us many sort of stories and they tell us how they feel but I cannot reveal all this.”
- “If they are not suitable then we will not accept them. We will not bring Umno’s culture into Bersatu,” Muhyiddin said.
- His comments come after Bersatu supreme councillor A. Kadir Jasin revealed 40 Umno members of Parliament could defect to Bersatu.
- Kadir had cautioned that some of these would-be Bersatu members had issues which warranted investigation. He said Bersatu membership should not be viewed as a means to evade the law.
- Perak DAP had called on the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) to investigate the matter. Its vice-chairman Abdul Aziz Bari was commenting on a claim that 40 MPs may leave Umno to join Bersatu and avoid possible corruption charges.
External Link: https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/107575