- January 12, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- PADANG Rengas MP Nazri Aziz has withdrawn his support for Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin, reducing the Perikatan Nasional government’s parliamentary seats to 109.
- With the withdrawal, Muhyiddin has lost the support of MPs in the 222-seat chamber.
- His withdrawal of support comes after the party’s Machang MP Ahmad Jazlan Yaakub withdrew support for the prime minister on 10 Jan 21.
- The Padang Rengas Umno division chief made the announcement at a press conference at the Umno headquarters in Kuala Lumpur on 12 Jan 21.
- He also speculated that the Umno general assembly at the end of Jan 21 may be postponed due to the emergency decision.
- The former de facto law minister said the emergency declaration by Muhyiddin was an admission by the prime minister he has lost majority support in Parliament.
- On 12 Jan 21 morning after the Yang di-Pertuan Agong consented to the emergency, Muhyiddin said the declaration was aimed at giving the government more powers to fight the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Muhyiddin, however, denied the emergency was an attempt to seize power after losing majority support this week.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/294760