- March 5, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Mukhriz Mahathir vows to defend Kedah as the last state led by a menteri besar from Bersatu following the political developments in the country.
- After the collapse of Johor Pakatan Harapan (PH) government, which saw the menteri besar from Bersatu being replaced with an Umno leader, and similar changes anticipated in Perak, Kedah becomes Bersatu’s last hope to retain its power.
- Mukhriz said even though Bersatu had pulled out of the PH coalition at the federal level, the situation is quite different in Kedah as Bersatu chose to remain with PH to form the state government.
- We lost Johor, and we will probably lose Perak, too. The only state left for Bersatu is Kedah Darul Aman, but we are also in a very precarious situation right now.
- “For the sake of our party and all our struggles, we must fight tooth and nail to defend the state and never ever surrender it to PAS,” he said in his speech at a Bersatu event in Alor Star on 4 Mar 20.
- Also present were Bersatu Armada chief Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman and Kubang Pasu MP Amiruddin Hamzah.
- Of the 36 state seats in Kedah, PAS holds 15; followed by PKR (seven), Bersatu (six) and Amanah (four), while DAP and Umno have two each.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/225973