- March 9, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- PRIME Minister Muhyiddin Yassin unveiled his cabinet line-up, which does not have a deputy prime minister, but instead, four coordinating ministers.
- The Perikatan Nasional cabinet has 32 ministers and 38 deputy ministers from Bersatu, Umno, PAS and Gabungan Parti Sarawak, as well as from among the independent lawmakers who followed former PKR deputy president Mohamed Azmin Ali out of the party.
- The four coordinating ministers, also known as senior ministers, are Azmin (international trade and industry), Ismail Sabri Yaakob (defence), Fadillah Yusof (works) and Mohd Radzi Md Jidin (education).
- Among the prominent non-politicians inducted into the government is CIMB Group chief executive Tengku Zafrul Tengku Abdul Aziz, who will be made finance minister after taking his oath as senator.
- Federal Territories Mufti Zulkifli Mohammad al-Bakri, too, will assume the post of senator, after which he will be the minister in charge of religious affairs.
- Muhyiddin described his picks as a “functional cabinet” that will deliver in a focused and effective manner.
- The four senior ministers will ensure that issues faced by their respective ministries are dealt with more effectively, said the Bersatu president.
- “In summary, I want to form a cabinet that can provide the best services to the rakyat – a cabinet that delivers.”
- On the lack of a deputy prime minister, he said the senior ministers will assist him in his duties as prime minister, including chairing cabinet meetings when he is not in the country.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/227055