- June 14, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Bersatu president Muhyiddin Yassin is awaiting his meeting with Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob to discuss Ampang MP Zuraida Kamaruddin’s position in the cabinet following her departure from the party.
- This is as he views that the plantation industries and commodities minister should be replaced as she had acted in Bersatu’s capacity during her tenure.
- “It is the prime minister’s right to choose a different candidate, and when that happens we will name a suitable candidate to replace Zuraida,” Muhyiddin told reporters after the 6th National Recovery Council (NRC) meeting on 14 Jun 22.
- When asked whether Bersatu would appoint a new face, the former prime minister coyly suggested waiting until the announcement of the candidate.
- Muhyiddin added that a date for the meeting has not been set yet.
- In another development, Muhyiddin denied rumours that Senior Minister Azmin Ali and Dewan Rakyat Deputy Speaker Mohd Rashid Hasnon will also defect from Bersatu.
- The Pagoh MP later added that as far as he is aware, Azmin and Rashid had no intentions to leave the party.
- Muhyiddin said he had met Rashid during a Hari Raya celebration and the Batu Pahat MP did not express intention to leave the party.
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/624705