- June 15, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin has been granted an audience with the Yang di-Pertuan Agong ahead of the Malay Rulers conference on 16 Jun 21.
- Muhyiddin arrived at Istana Negara at about 2.20pm, a few hours after the chairman of the government’s special emergency committee Arifin Zakaria met the king in the morning.
- Sultan Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah had been receiving a long line of political leaders over the past week with regard to the country’s Covid-19 situation and emergency declaration.
- Previously, it was reported that the king would convene a special Malay Rulers conference on 16 Jun 21.
- The meeting was decided last week amid the deepening Covid-19 crisis in the country, issues with the vaccination programme, calls for an end to the state of emergency and Parliament to reconvene.
- The 16 Jun 21 meeting will be the first time the rulers are meeting following the cancellation of the Malay Rulers conference on 24 Feb 21, due to the second movement-control order (MCO 2.0).
- The Malay Rulers conference meeting, which is held three times a year, is now set for 30 Jun 21.
- Meanwhile, Muhyiddin is set to address the country at 5pm on 15 Jun 21 to lay out the government’s plan to steer Malaysia out of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- It is not clear if his audience with the Agong is related to his announcement later.
- Separately, former chief justice Arifin Zakaria was also granted an audience by the King ahead of the Malay Rulers conference on 16 Jun 21 to discuss the Covid-19 pandemic and emergency.
- Arifin is the chairman of the Special Independent Emergency Committee to advise the king. Palace sources confirmed he arrived at Istana Negara at about 9.45am on 15 Jun 21.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/321674
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/321725
External Link : https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2021/06/15/pm-to-make-special-address-on-malaysias-recovery-plan-at-5pm/1982363