- January 12, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The Umno supreme council has decided to hold the party’s 2021 general assembly from 16-19 Mar 22, after postponing the event on several occasions. The event was previously scheduled to be held from 13-15 Jan 22 but was postponed in response to severe flooding in Dec 21.
- In a statement, party secretary-general Ahmad Maslan said the decision was made at a supreme council meeting chaired by Umno president Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.
- The launch of the assembly for the party’s women, youth, and Puteri wings will be held on 16 Mar 22, where it will be officiated by Umno deputy president Mohamad Hasan.
- The assemblies for the three wings will be on the following day. The president’s policy speech will be delivered on 18 Mar 22 during the launch of the Umno general assembly, while the assembly itself will be held on 19 Mar 22.
- Ahmad said the upcoming assembly will invite all 14 delegates from each party division. “The 2021 Umno general assembly will not be a hybrid (of online and physical presence). “Meanwhile, all five delegates from each wing will also attend the upcoming general assembly.
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/606659