- August 5, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- “Consequences” await Umno vice-president Ismail Sabri Yaakob after he went against a party supreme council decision and stood with Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin.
- This is according to Umno president Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.
- He said Ismail had initially agreed to toe the party line.
- Zahid added that he will allow the Umno disciplinary board, headed by Zulhasnan Rafique, to act against Ismail.
- Meanwhile, Zahid told Utusan Malaysia that Umno ministers and deputy ministers ought to resign in accordance with the supreme council’s decision.
- Umno has eight ministers left in the PN cabinet. The party also has eight deputy ministers.
- Annuar however opined that Umno ministers need not toe the party line as they owed the rakyat their service during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Meanwhile, six state Umno liaison bodies have expressed their support for party president Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.
- In separate statements, Umno liaison bodies from Perak, Pahang, Penang, Malacca, Kelantan and Terengganu backed the party’s decision on 3 Aug 21 to withdraw its support from the Perikatan Nasional (PN) government and Muhyiddin Yassin as the prime minister.
- Umno’s Besut MP Idris Jusoh however also threw his support behind the Perikatan Nasional government under the leadership of Muhyiddin Yassin.
- The Felda chairperson questioned Umno’s move to withdraw its support for PN and Muhyiddin as the prime minister.
- Stressing that Umno would have a brighter future if it stays with the ruling coalition, Idris said the party should exercise caution in making its decision.
- “(Umno president Ahmad) Zahid (Hamidi) once said Umno MPs were free to choose who they wanted to support in Parliament. Now he has instructed that we must withdraw our support for the government and the prime minister. His decision kept changing,” he said.
- “Too bad that I did not see a ‘game plan’ as to where the party president wants to bring us amid the pandemic. We were asked to reject Muhyiddin’s leadership. Where are we heading after that?”
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/585979
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/585958
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/585926