- April 21, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- MCA has identified 15 federal seats that it can win in the next general election, said party sources.
- They are Ayer Itam, Tanjung Piai, Labis, Tebrau, Alor Star, Bentong, Tanjung Malim, Wangsa Maju, Alor Gajah, Bandar Tun Razak, Gopeng, Padang Serai, Raub, Teluk Intan and Seremban.
- Of the 15, two seats are currently held by the party – Ayer Hitam, which was defended by party president Dr Wee Ka Siong, and Tanjung Piai, which was won by Wee Jeck Seng in the Nov 19 by-election.
- Sources told The Malaysian Insight that the 15 seats were decided based on MCA’s performance in GE14.
- With the help of Umno and PAS, MCA stands a good chance of winning the seats, they said.
- “In any case, we have to see whether there will be multiple-cornered fights. If it is a straight fight with Pakatan Harapan, MCA has a good chance of winning,” said a source.
- Sources said MCA’s divisions have already given a list of candidates to the central committee.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/311586