- October 18, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Polling day for the Malacca state election will be held on 20 Nov 21, said the Election Commission (EC) chairperson Abdul Ghani Salleh.
- Nomination day is set for 8 Nov 21 while early voting is fixed on 18 Nov 21.
- Malacca Pakatan Harapan will attempt to block the upcoming state legislative assembly election through the courts.
- In a statement, Malacca Harapan chief Adly Zahari said the coalition will file a suit to seek a review on the process, procedure and facts surrounding the dissolution of the legislative assembly.
- He said Malacca Harapan will also use legal means to “provide a chance” for a government with a legitimate majority to be formed in order to prevent an election.
- He explained that the reason for the delay in filing the suit was that the notice of dissolution of the state assembly was handed to assemblypersons late.
- “However, Malacca Harapan will still prepare for an election,” he said.
- PAS is set to field candidates in the Malacca state election if it’s held, says PAS secretary-general Takiyuddin Hassan.
- However, he said the party had yet to decide on the number of seats to be contested and who would contest them.
- “We also hope that the state election is contested based on consensus, as has been established at the federal level. All parties should be united (and) there should be no clashes with one another. We will be together with all the parties that are with the federal government,” reporters were told.
- Meanwhile, Zahid has stated UMNO will not work with Bersatu. But Ahmad Maslan, UMNO’s Sec-Gen, has said that the UMNO Supreme Council was still in discussion.
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/595873
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/595836