- February 19, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- PAS’ donors and supporters are now under investigation as the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) widens its scope of investigations into the MYR90mn the Islamist party allegedly received from Umno between the last two general elections.
- MACC’s initial investigations showed no direct money trail from the bank accounts of Umno to PAS, nor any transaction between the two parties’ members.
- A high-ranking MACC source told The Malaysian Insight it is now looking at the party’s regular donors and cronies who are known to hand over large amounts of money to PAS. These include businessmen and socialites.
- MACC earlier said it is investigating nine PAS leaders and some of their wives after initial checks revealed they owned a variety of luxury vehicles.
- MACC has, to date, recorded the statements of PAS central committee member Nik Mohamad Abduh Nik Abdul Aziz and former party leader Nasharudin Mat Isa.
External Link: https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/134357