- February 16, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- PUTRAJAYA has decided to extend the movement-control order (MCO) in Selangor, Johor, Kuala Lumpur and Penang till 4 Mar 21, said Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
- The Senior Minister said the new order will start on 19 Feb 21 as the previous order expires on 18 Feb 21.
- “As for the 10 states of Kedah, Perak, Negri Sembilan, Malacca, Pahang, Terengganu, Kelantan, Putrajaya, Labuan and Sabah, we have agreed to place the states under the conditional movement-control order (CMCO),” Ismail Sabri said.
- Ismail Sabri said Perlis, which has continued to report low numbers of Covid-19 cases, will be the only state to be placed under the recovery movement-control order (RMCO).
- “The standard operating procedure (SOP) is still the same. For CMCO areas, you can dine-in with more than two people at the same table but there must be social distancing. Spa, gatherings, weddings are allowed to open but must adhere to SOP,” he added.
- Ismail Sabri said that the status in Sarawak remains unchanged under the CMCO.
- Meanwhile, Ismail Sabri said that Putrajaya has agreed to lift the 10km radius travel limit within the same district, but interstate and inter-district travel are still prohibited in areas under the MCO, EMCO and CMCO.
- He said based on the report of the Health Ministry, the relaxation on interstate travel given at the end of 2020 has led to a spike in Covid-19 cases, hence the ban.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/300803