- June 7, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- THE heads of nine royal households are expected to hold a special meeting on 16 Jun 21, a week after Yang di-Pertuan Agong Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri’ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah has met the heads of political parties, said Singapore’s The Straits Times.
- Quoting sources from political and royal households, the report said the special meeting at Istana Negara will be on the worsening Covid-19 situation.
- The meeting was decided last week amid the deepening Covid-19 crisis in the country, issues with the vaccination programme and calls for an end to the state of emergency and Parliament to reconvene.
- “This is not a Conference of Rulers session but a special emergency meeting,” a source told The Straits Times.
- This comes after several news portals, including The Malaysian Insight, reported that the king will be meeting the heads of political parties from 9-11 Jun 21.
- Quoting sources from PKR, The Straits Times said the party has acknowledged “there have been engagements with the palace” in recent days but declined to confirm whether a meeting with the king had been scheduled for this week.
- “Things are very fluid and best to wait until 9 Jun 21,” one senior aide to Anwar Ibrahim told the daily.
- On his part, Chief Minister Datuk Patinggi Abang Johari Tun Openg said he is unaware of any meeting to be held between the King and top political party leaders this week.
- This will be the first time the rulers are meeting following the cancellation of the Conference of Rulers meeting on 24 Feb 21, due to the second movement-control order (MCO 2.0).
- The Conference of Rulers meeting, which is held three times a year, is now set for 30 Jun 21.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/320203