- June 7, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- YANG di-Pertuan Agong Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri’ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah is expected to meet political party leaders starting on 9 Jun 21, sources told The Malaysian Insight.
- “However, the meeting is restricted to registered political parties only,” a government source told The Malaysian Insight.
- He said this meant that Dr Mahathir Mohamad’s Pejuang and Syed Saddiq Abdul Rahman’s Muda will not be included.
- However, the source did not disclose what is the agenda of the meetings.
- Another source from Muda confirmed that they have not been included in the meetings.
- Earlier on 7 Jun 21, Amanah-run news portal Malaysia Dateline also published a story that the king will meet with party leaders from 9-11 Jun 21.
- “The meetings are on how to rebuild the country after the Perikatan Nasional government has failed to manage the Covid-19 pandemic satisfactorily,” said Malaysia Dateline.
- Quoting sources, the news portal suggested that the meeting would be on how to rebuild the country by including all parties.
- However, shortly thereafter it took down the story.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/320150