- April 22, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- THE ad-hoc committee appealing for the end of the emergency has been granted an audience by the Yang di-Pertuan Agong Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri’ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah.
- The Committee to End Emergency chairman Khalid Abdul Samad said he had received a letter granting the audience from the Istana Negara on 22 Apr 21 morning.
- “Even though a date for the audience has not been set, we are confident a date will be set soon for us to meet the Agung and hand over our petition appealing the emergency order,” he said in a brief statement.
- The Shah Alam MP said the letter from the palace granting the audience was signed by the King’s private secretary Nazim Mohd Alim.
- He thanked the Agong on behalf of the committee for granting the audience.
- The committee launched its petition in Mar 21 to gather public support to appeal to the Yang di-Pertuan Agong to end the state of emergency before the 1 Aug 21 date set by the Perikatan Nasional government.
- It has 23 members, including Pejuang pro tem secretary-general Marzuki Yahya, DAP MP for Seputeh Teresa Kok and PKR MPs Maria Chin Abdullah (Petaling Jaya) and Fahmi Fadzil (Lembah Pantai).
- Professionals in the committee include lawyers Thanussha Francis Xavier, a co-founder of political party MUDA, and lawyer Muhammad Rafique Rashid Ali.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/311858