- February 9, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The Johor state election will take place on 12 Mar 22, with early voting set for 8 Mar 22, said Election Commission (EC) chairperson Abdul Ghani Salleh.
- Nomination day is set for 26 Feb 22, leading to a campaigning period of 14 days. The electoral roll has been updated as of 21 Jan 22, which will see a total of 2,597,742 individuals eligible to vote.
- Previous restrictions on postal voters have been abolished, allowing voters residing in southern Thailand, Singapore, Brunei and Kalimantan and Indonesia to vote in the upcoming election.
- Those who have returned to Malaysia not less than 30 days within the span of five years of the dissolution of the state assembly will also be allowed to vote.
- The EC has also extended the polling time by 30 minutes at polling centres, which will open for voters from 8am to 6pm.
- In a statement later, Ghani said the Covid-19 standard operating procedures (SOPs) are currently being updated by the EC, Health Ministry and National Security Council. It will be announced at a later date.
- Johor Perikatan Nasional (PN) is confident that the standard operating procedure (SOP) to be finalised for the Johor state election will be ‘campaign and voter-friendly’.
- Johor PN secretary Sahruddin Jamal said PN also welcomed the Election Commission’s (EC) initiative to encourage voters to go out and vote through the implementation of the ‘Jom Kita Undi’ campaign through various channels including social media.
- Therefore, PN component parties, including PAS and Gerakan, would strengthen their machinery in preparation for the election, he said.
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/610008
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/610137