- July 29, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- PKR deputy president Mohamed Azmin Ali on 29 Jul 19 said that it was normal for leaders to be absent from party meetings if they had government duties to attend to, reports Malaysiakini.
- The economic affairs minister said he attends party events if he does not have any prior engagements. Azmin was responding to queries on why he had skipped the PKR leadership council meeting on 28 Jul 19.
- PKR communications director Fahmi Fadzil had said that the party had repeatedly reminded leaders to attend meetings.
- He said the reminder was issued by secretary-general Saifuddin Nasution Ismail after a central leadership committee meeting, where those absent included members from Azmin’s camp.
- Besides Azmin, among those absent were vice-president Zuraida Kamaruddin and Women’s wing chief Haniza Talha.
- The PAS president’s support for Dr Mahathir Mohamad to stay on as prime minister for a full term should be welcomed by all, said Mohamed Azmin Ali. He also said he shares Abdul Hadi Awang’s stand.
- He added that bipartisan support for Dr Mahathir marks a new beginning for Malaysia, putting the people’s interests front and centre.
- Over the weekend ending on 28 Jul 19, Hadi said PAS wants Dr Mahathir to remain as prime minister for a full term, saying the “dominance” of non-Muslim leaders in the ruling Pakatan Harapan necessitates the matter.
- He said Dr Mahathir, who is also Bersatu chairman, has spoken up in defence of Islam.
- Support for Dr Mahathir to complete his term as prime minister runs counter to an agreement between PH components for PKR president Anwar Ibrahim to take over soon.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/171830
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/171941