- September 22, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The Pandemic Management Special Committee has decided to lift restrictions on interstate travel once the vaccination rate reaches 90% of all adults.
- In addition, the committee’s chairperson Ismail Sabri Yaakob said tourism hotspots, islands, other tourist destinations will be allowed to open once the benchmark is reached.
- Ismail Sabri said this target is expected to be reached within weeks.
- Meanwhile, in a press release, Ismail Sabri said people should take advantage of the loosening SOP restrictions responsibly.
- As of 21 Sep 21, 93.2% of all adults in Malaysia have received at least one Covid-19 dose. In addition, 80.2% have completed their vaccinations.
- However, the vaccines had not been evenly distributed.
- For example, the vaccination rate exceeds 90% of all adults in Negeri Sembilan, Labuan and the Klang Valley.
- In contrast, vaccination rates are relatively low in Kedah (64%), Perak (62.3%), Pahang (62.2%), Kelantan (60.7%) and Sabah (55.9%).
- Meanwhile, beginning 1 Oct 21, Ismail Sabri said spas, wellness centres, and massage centres may resume operations provided that patrons and operators have both completed their vaccinations. Other tourist attractions are set to resume operations on the same day as well.
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/592419