- April 12, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- SEMBRONG Umno division chief Hishammuddin Hussein has urged grassroots members to stop pitting leaders against each other and dividing the party, and instead focus on maintaining stability.
- He said he was worried about issues that seemed to be creating schisms in the party of late, including the controversial audio recording – supposedly of PKR president Anwar Ibrahim and Umno president Ahmad Zahid Hamidi – and the Umno 3.0 movement, adding that the matter was also frowned upon.
- “Efforts to pit the leaders against each other, to create certain camps must stop because what is important now is for us to strengthen our party after the recent general assembly,” he told reporters in Kluang, on 12 Apr 21.
- The former party vice-president said the infighting would affect Umno’s momentum going into the 15th general election, if it was not dealt with accordingly.
- “Regardless of the authenticity of the recording, it is not something that worries me, because everyone knows the party’s stance from the very beginning is ‘No Anwar, No DAP’ and ‘Yes Bersatu’ until the 15th general election,” he said.
- “For me, what is important is the stand of the party and if we go back to the stand of the supreme council and the recent general assembly, it is clear what Umno really wants,” he added.
- Commenting further on the audio recording, Hishammuddin said he left it up to the police to handle the matter.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/310222