- March 3, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Announcing a menteri besar candidate is not a priority for Pakatan Harapan, Johor PKR chief Syed Ibrahim Syed Noh declared.
- “We have not had any discussion about a Harapan menteri besar candidate – it is not that I want to conceal it – but there is none. There have been no negotiations or discussions. For me, it is not a priority. We can strategise at the Harapan level by holding a discussion, but there is none. So, clearly, it is not a priority,” he told journalists after a PKR ceramah.
- The priority, Syed Ibrahim, said is to first ensure that the Harapan election candidates win in the election.
- Asked about PKR’s Maszlee Malik’s name being floated as a potential menteri besar candidate, Syed Ibrahim said it was just media speculation. Maszlee is contesting in Layang-layang.
- “We have not announced any name… It may be a consideration during our discussions but if you ask the people on the ground, they are not talking about this matter. Full stop! Our focus is on the people’s agenda,” Syed Ibrahim added.
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/612836