- April 5, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Pakatan Harapan has assured that all 90 of its MPs will support the government’s bill to amend the Federal Constitution and enact an anti-party hopping law. This follows a meeting between the top leaders of Harapan parties and Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob in Putrajaya.
- “The Harapan presidential council gives its full commitment that all Harapan MPs will give their support to pass this constitutional amendment,” the Harapan presidential council said in a statement.
- They said that Ismail Sabri also assured them that Parliament will meet on April 11 to debate and vote on the bill.
- The anti-party hopping law will reportedly automatically trigger a by-election if an MP resigns, is sacked from their party, or joins a new party, and if an independent MP joins a party.
- Lawmakers have said that while there are kinks to iron out, it is more important to put the law in place now and then improve on it in the future.
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/616999