- September 19, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Anwar Ibrahim and Mohd Shafie Apdal are DAP secretary-general Lim Guan Eng’s choices for Pakatan Harapan’s prime ministerial candidate, FMT reported on 19 Sep 20.
- Lim said said Anwar was his first choice but added that the PKR president should give way to the Warisan chief if the latter had more support.
- Lim stressed that MPs in the PH coalition were confident of either candidate’s ability to win support to form the government.
- The Bagan MP said he and Amanah president Mohamad Sabu came up with the Anwar-or-Shafie plan in Jul 20 to resolve the impasse between former prime minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad and Anwar over who would be the PH prime ministerial candidate.
- PKR president Anwar Ibrahim said he can still garner sufficient support to be prime minister after Lim Guan Eng suggested DAP may back Mohd Shafie Apdal for the position.
- “He (Lim Guan Eng) was just giving his opinion that if I can’t muster support then it should be Shafie. But I can,” said Anwar during a doorstop in the Api-Api constituency on 20 Sep 20.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/273444
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/273737