- September 18, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng says the government is proposing an additional allocation for the 2020 Visit Malaysia Year campaign.
- He said vendors and businesses in the tourism sector, especially in Sabah, are encouraged to send their proposals to the Treasury through channels such as Focus Group sessions and the government’s Portal Belanjawan 2020 web portal.
- “The government places importance on a joint-venture approach and hence, in Budget 2019, MYR100mn was provided for in matching grants for international marketing and promotional programmes.
- “Shared prosperity can only be achieved through our shared responsibility to improve the national economy generally, and tourism specifically,” he said at a Focus Group session on promoting tourism in Kota Kinabalu on 17 Sep 19.
- “This sharing of proceeds will continue with the aim of contributing to the upkeep of tourist facilities. Sabah and Sarawak will continue receiving the biggest allocation in Budget 2020, as in the previous budget,” Lim said.