- September 14, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The Dewan Rakyat deputy speaker election has been postponed.
- De facto Law Minister Wan Junaidi Tuanku Jaafar, justified the move by saying that the government wanted to amend the Federal Constitution – to create a third deputy speaker post.
- The election had been postponed to the next Parliament meeting, when Budget 2022 will be tabled.
- Creating a third post was one of the suggestions made by deputy speaker candidate Ahmad Maslan (BN-Pontian) – who wanted the extra post to be filled by the opposition.
- The opposition had wanted Nga Kor Ming (Pakatan Harapan-Taiping) for the post.
- Chaos broke out in Parliament over a motion to remove Dewan Rakyat speaker Azhar Azizan Harun, which had been previously rejected by his deputy Mohd Rashid Hasnon.
- The commotion culminated in Rashid kicking RSN Rayer (Harapan-Jelutong) out of the Aug 21 House for two days, after the latter called Rashid an “embarrassment” (memalukan).
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/591294
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/591281