- June 7, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Electoral constituencies with Felda schemes are no longer a Barisan Nasional stronghold, but there has been no let-up in the support for PPBM chairman Mahathir Mohamad, says the party’s youth chief Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman.
- “If you ask any Felda settler randomly, most likely the person would say that they dislike Isa Samad,” he said adding that this is the very reason why BN has not dissolved Parliament yet, because they know that Felda is no longer their safe haven.
- When questioned how PPBM had gained ground with Felda settlers, he said it was because Mahathir had inspired hope that the glory days of Felda can be brought back.
- He added that the framework for Felda settlers by Pakatan Harapan is a work in progress, but one of the main agendas is to build universities for them. Syed Saddiq said that Mahathir and other Pakatan Harapan leaders have also painted a clear picture on the alleged abuses that have taken place under Prime Minister Najib Razak’s tenure, including reports of alleged mismanagement involving Felda Global Ventures Holdings (FGV) which is led by its chairman Mohd Isa Samad.
- He claimed that these are all indicators that Felda has failed, adding it was ironic as one of the founders of Felda was Najib’s father, former prime minister Tun Abdul Razak Hussein.