- January 19, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The whole country except Sarawak will go under the movement control order (MCO) from 22 Jan 21 when the strictest health rules take effect in Kedah, Perak, Pahang, Terengganu, Perlis and Negri Sembilan, said Security minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob on 19 Jan 21.
- Only the eastern state of Sarawak will not see a full lockdown, though some restrictions are in place.
- Previously only Selangor, Penang, Federal Territories (Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya and Labuan), Malacca, Johor and Sabah were placed under the MCO from 13 to 26 Jan 21.
- While Pahang, Perak, Negri Sembilan, Kedah and Terengganu were placed under the conditional movement control order, Perlis on the other hand was under the less strict recovery movement control order.
- “Basically, the whole nation except Sarawak is now under the MCO. 19 Jan 21’s decision was made after the Health Ministry recorded high positive Covid-19 cases in all the states placed under the CMCO and RMCO previously.”, Ismail Sabri announced.
- “Pahang, Negri Sembilan, Kedah, Terengganu, Perak and Perlis will be under MCO from 22 Jan 21 to 4 Feb 21 and will follow the SOP that has been stipulated by the government,” he added.
- Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin has said the lockdown measures were necessary as the healthcare system was at a breaking point.
External Link : https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN29O1EV
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/296099