- December 5, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Anwar Ibrahim on 5 Dec 19 dismissed a former staffer’s sexual misconduct accusation as an attempt to discredit him.
- “I have seen the claim made by an individual named Muhammad Yusoff Rawther in the media and social media. I reject such baseless slander,” said the PKR president in a statement on 5 Dec 19.
- On 4 Dec 19, Yusoff said Anwar perpetrated a sexual offence against him at the latter’s home in Bukit Segambut in 2018.
- Yusoff, a researcher at the PKR president’s office from Sep 18 to May 19, said he detailed the incident in a statutory declaration, with evidence attached.
- Party leaders dismissed his allegation, saying he is being manipulated into smearing PKR as it prepares for its annual congress in Malacca this weekend.
- Anwar said he was campaigning for the Port Dickson by-election on the date the alleged incident took place. He pointed out that his accuser’s family have issued a statement questioning the timing of Yusoff’s claim.
- Anwar said his private secretary, Shukri Saad, will lodge a police report on the matter, and his lawyer, Ramkarpal Singh, will send a legal notice to Yusoff.
- Speaking to reporters in the Parliament building later, the Port Dickson MP said the latest accusation against him comes as no surprise. He said he first heard about it some months back, adding that he foresees more attacks in the coming months.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/203706