- March 22, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- THE government is expected to finalise the East Coast Rail Link (ECRL) project in early Apr 19 with cost savings of more than MYR10bn, former Council of Eminent Persons chairman Daim Zainuddin said.
- Chinese representatives have extended an invitation to Malaysia for a visit on 2 Apr 19 to conclude negotiations on the East Coast Rail Link (ECRL) in the first week of Apr 19.
- Daim said the project will have new commercial elements that would have a greater impact on Malaysian companies and people.
- Commenting on the status of the discussion, Daim said Malaysia has received an invitation from the Chinese government to finalise the project on 2 Apr 19. “However, it could not be executed on the same day, instead in the same week.”
- Daim has been appointed by the government as the special envoy of the prime minister to head the ECRL negotiation with China.
External Link: https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/142418
External Link: https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/malaysia-to-finalise-deal-on-china-backed-railway-project-early-april