- June 16, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Owners of private land acquired for the development of the East Coast Rail Project (ECRL) will be compensated, said Transport Minister Anthony Loke.
- He said, however, it will be decided after the alignment of the mega project is finalised in 2019 before the expected land acquisition process in 2020.
- “We have not decided how much land is needed or where the stations will be built but there is definitely one station in the Jelebu district,” he said at the Aidilfitri celebration for the Chennah constituency in Negri Sembilan on 16 Jun 19.
- Loke, who is its assemblyman and Seremban MP, said once the alignment is finalised, the government will obtain feedback from stakeholders and hold public information sessions.
- He is confident that the ECRL project will attract investors to develop the industrial area in Jelebu, as well as provide more employment opportunities to the local community.
- On 12 Apr 19, the Prime Minister’s Office in a statement announced that the ECRL project will resume at a lower cost following the signing of a supplementary agreement between Malaysia Rail Link and China Communications Construction Company Ltd.
- According to the statement, the construction cost for Phases 1 and 2 of the ECRL had been reduced to MYR44bn, from the original cost of MYR65.5bn.
- The construction of the ECRL will link Kota Baru in Kelantan through Mentakab-Jelebu-Kuala Klawang-Bangi/Kajang-Putrajaya to Port Klang.
External Link: https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/161517