- February 26, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Interim prime minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad will announce the government’s financial package to mitigate the effects of the Covid-19 outbreak on 27 Feb 20.
- The announcement will take place at 3pm at Bangunan Perdana Putra in Putrajaya, said an invite from the Finance Ministry.
- Earlier on 26 Feb 20 Dr Mahathir Mohamad convened a meeting with the Finance Ministry’s top officials to discuss the stimulus package.
- Former deputy international trade and industry minister Ong Kian Ming thad old The Malaysian Insight that funding for the move had yet to be approved at the time of PH’s collapse and the cabinet’s dissolution on 24 Feb 20.
- Former finance minister Lim Guan Eng was supposed to present the package to Dr Mahathir on 24 Feb 20, which also happens to be the day the latter resigned as prime minister.
- Lim said in a statement yesterday that he finalised the package on 23 Feb 20, his “last full day as finance minister” and was supposed to present the package on Monday.
- The DAP secretary-general said Dr Mahathir has indicated that the economic stimulus package will go ahead on a date to be announced by him in his capacity as interim prime minister.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/222510