- October 22, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- PKR deputy president Mohamed Azmin Ali on 22 Oct 19 repeated his call for Dr Mahathir Mohamad to remain as prime minister throughout Pakatan Harapan’s five-year mandate, amid claims that he secretly met a former Umno leader to stop Anwar Ibrahim from taking over the top post.
- “Give full support to Mahathir to continue leading, as this will be a guarantee to investors that the political landscape in Malaysia is stable and the economy is on the right track,” he told reporters at the Parliament on 22 Oct 19.
- “How is it possible to elect a government for only one or two years?” he asked.
- “It is only a backdoor government if there are those who want to topple the administration within one or two years upon election.”
- The economic affairs minister said all talk of power transition should stop in the interest of the country’s economy.
- “There is already a lot of uncertainties out there. Both foreign and domestic investors are concerned that this situation will persist.”
External Link : https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2019/10/22/dr-m-should-stay-on-as-pm-says-azmin/