- March 8, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- THERE will be no political cooperation between DAP and Umno in gearing up for the 15th general election (GE15), says DAP secretary-general Lim Guan Eng on 8 Mar 21.
- Lim said the party’s stand had been consistent and DAP will only cooperate if it benefits the rakyat.
- “As long as it is for the benefit of the people, we are willing to support… it is on an ad hoc basis, on issues related to the people. There is no cooperation on a party-to-party basis with Umno,” he told a press conference on 8 Mar 21.
- He said during the last parliamentary sitting, DAP also did not oppose the PAS government’s measures on Covid-19.
- “Taking an ad hoc approach is not tantamount to working with Umno, that is still not the case… we are willing to cooperate where it benefits the rakyat, like convening Parliament,” he said.
- Meanwhile, Lim, who is Bagan member of Parliament, said the party will not support party-hopping, in line with its principle of clean governance even if it does not contradict the federal constitution.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/304199