- September 5, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- DAP will always be Sarawak’s enemy, Abang Johari Openg declared on 5 Sep 20.
- Addressing members of his Parti Pesaka Bumiputera Bersatu at a convention in Miri, the chief minister said DAP’s stinging criticism of Gabungan Parti Sarawak’s (GPS) policies is the main reason why the state ruling coalition rejects the peninsula-based party.
- GPS also snubbed Sarawak DAP’s attempt to secure its support for Pakatan Harapan during Feb 20’s political crisis.
- Abang Johari said state DAP chief Chong Chieng Jen tried to woo GPS to prevent PH’s collapse.
- This was after several Bersatu and PKR lawmakers ditched their parties to form Perikatan Nasional. The crossovers, coupled with GPS’ support for the Muhyiddin Yassin-led PN, ultimately led to the previous government’s fall.
- Abang Johari said he was incensed by an accusation hurled by Lim Guan Eng at a Kuching event in Jun 19, in which the DAP secretary-general said the state would go bankrupt in three years because of GPS’ spending.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/270909