- February 16, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- THE national Covid-19 immunisation programme will begin on 26 Feb 21, Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin said on 16 Feb 21.
- Malaysia is set to receive the first batch of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine on 21 Feb 21.
- The country is also set to receive 66.7 million doses through the Covax Facility and five producers, subject to approval by the National Pharmaceutical Regulatory Agency.
- This puts the total tally of vaccines secured enough to cover 110% of the population.
- “Following that, the national Covid-19 immunisation programme will be rolled out on 26 Feb 21, whereby I will receive the vaccine on the same day along with front-liners,” he said while launching the handbook on 16 Feb 21.
- The country’s largest vaccination programme will be implemented in three phases.
- The first phase of the programme, which is slated to run from 26 Feb 21 to Apr 21, will involve front-liners.
- MPs and assemblymen will also be among the first recipients of the shot.
- Muhyiddin said the vaccine supply special committee agreed the elected representatives should get priority for immunisation as they work closely with the community.
- The second phase involves the high-risk group, who will be inoculated between Apr 21 and Aug 21.
- The third phase, starting in May 21, involves adults aged 18 and above. This phase will end in Feb 22.
- Muhyiddin said the government aims to achieve herd immunity to break the chain of infection and to put an end to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- He also reminded the people to not take vaccination lightly and to register when the time comes.
- With the successful implementation of the immunisation programme, economic sectors, such as tourism, will be able to resume operations, he said.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/300698