- August 22, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng denied submitting a list of names to the prime minister for a Cabinet reshuffle, saying the line-up will remain according to status quo.
- On talk that Dr Mahathir Mohamad had announced this at a Cabinet meeting on 21 Aug 19, he said the meeting had been on government administrative matters.
- Lim also said the meeting had been with key members of the Cabinet, not party leaders, and denied knowledge of whether former minister Mustapa Mohamed would be joining the line-up.
- Housing and Local Government Minister Zuraida Kamaruddin, who was also present, likewise denied knowledge of the matter, saying she is neither a party leader nor in the select committee.
- The Star daily had quoted sources as saying that Mahathir had informed ministers in their weekly Cabinet meeting that there would be a reshuffle of portfolios, with changes to be announced in as soon as a week.
External Link : https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2019/08/22/cabinet-to-remain-as-is-says-guan-eng/