- November 20, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad will consider reshuffling the cabinet following Pakatan Harapan’s defeat in the Tanjung Piai by-election.
- “I have heard their views and will consider demands for a cabinet reshuffle. It won’t happen today or tomorrow but after we have studied and observed the achievements of the existing ministers. We will only discuss the need for a reshuffle after that,” Dr Mahathir told reporters after chairing the Bersatu supreme council meeting in Petaling Jaya on 20 Nov 19.
- Bersatu leaders at the supreme council meeting were shocked by the magnitude of PH’s defeat in Tg Piai, Dr Mahathir said on 20 Nov 19.
- “We knew it was hard to win and that we could even lose, but certainly not to that extent,” said the 94-year-old leader, who is also PH chairman.
- The party has discussed reasons for the defeat and agreed that among them was that Bersatu, as a new party, was still not well organised enough.
- Party leaders also agreed that other issues, like the high cost of living, the economy and the Putrajaya’s inability to “dish out aid like the previous government”, were also factors, he added.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/198851