- November 18, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Budget 2022 has passed the policy stage with a voice vote in the Dewan Rakyat today, as Warisan and Pejuang’s attempt to call for a bloc vote failed to garner support from Pakatan Harapan.
- At least 15 MPs need to be in support of a bloc vote before it can be triggered.
- A bloc vote is where votes will be tallied among all MPs present and recorded in the Hansard.
- Warisan and Pejuang were not signatories to a memorandum of understanding (MOU) between Harapan and Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob’s administration
- Part of the agreement is for Harapan to support or abstain from the vote for Budget 2022 and any supply bill related to the budget.
- As Dewan Rakyat speaker Azhar Azizan Harun called for a voice vote on the policy stage for Budget 2022, Azis Jamman (Warisan-Sepanggar) stood up to ask for a bloc vote.
- Sepanggar MP Azis Jamman Other MPs such as Warisan president Shafie Apdal (Warisan-Semporna) as well as Shahruddin Md Salleh (Pejuang-Sri Gading) joined Azis’ call for a bloc vote.
- Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman (Independent-Muar) also confirmed that he had supported the call.
- The opposition coalition said they will continue to hold engagement sessions with the government over the budget.
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/599774