- May 12, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The Pakatan Harapan (PH) Kedah administration has fallen after two PKR assemblymen joined their former deputy president Azmin Ali in defecting from the coalition which lost federal power during the political crisis at the end of Feb 20.
- Two PKR man – Lunas representative Azman Nasrudin and his counterpart from Sidam, Robert Ling Kui Ee, told a press conference on 12 May 20 they have lost confidence in the party and have chosen to quit, meaning Kedah chief minister Mukhriz Mahathir no longer has the majority in the 36-strong legislature.
- Meanwhile, Kedah PKR will support PAS’ Jeneri rep Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor as the new menteri besar following the collapse of the Pakatan Harapan state government.
- PKR state chief and Gurun assemblyman Johari Abdul said he has send a letter to the Kedah palace supporting Sanusi.
- On the defection of the two PKR assemblymen, Johari said the state chapter is aware the duo were planning to dump the party.
- Islamist party PAS, Mr Muhyiddin’s ally in his loose PN pact, is set to take control of the state with 15 assemblymen along with the support of two more from Umno.
- It is uncertain how many of the six Bersatu representatives will also join the new PN administration in the state.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/244940