- March 31, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Bersatu has approached Pejuang to implore the possibility of both Malay-based parties working together in the upcoming general election, said Pejuang president Mukhriz Mahathir.
- The leaders of both parties, Muhyiddin Yassin and Dr Mahathir Mohamad, met two weeks ago after the Johor state election, he said.
- “Muhyiddin met Mahathir two weeks after the Johor polls. He asked for the meeting and Mahathir agreed to meet,” he told media after a Pejuang retreat in Kuala Terengganu.
- This is the first time both leaders had officially met since the Sheraton Move as their relationship turned sour after Mahathir’s administration was ousted by Muhyiddin, with the help of BN and other parties.
- Pejuang, however, has not made a decision whether to work with Bersatu, said Mukhriz. Besides Bersatu, Mukhriz said other opposition parties have also proposed to work with Pejuang in the next election.
- Pejuang is willing to leave the past behind and work with Bersatu for the sake of the country, added Mukhriz.
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/616525