- August 24, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- A Bersatu source, who is aligned to Azmin, told Malaysiakini there was a “strong likelihood” that the Gombak MP was going to become the deputy prime minister.
- Three Umno sources, who are on the supreme council including two who are MPs, also claimed Azmin is set to clinch the post.
- However, two of the sources – who are in opposite Umno factions – told Malaysiakini that this was done in order to avoid defections.
- Both sources claimed that Azmin had threatened to withdraw support from the fragile Ismail Sabri Yaakob government if he was not given the post.
- Azmin commands the loyalty of at least 10 MPs.
- Meanwhile, Bersatu supreme council member Razali Idris denied that any decision on the deputy prime minister post has been made, and that this would be decided between Ismail Sabri and Bersatu president Muhyiddin Yassin.
- Azmin Ali is known as the architect behind Sheraton Move in 2020.
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/588422