- September 7, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The visit by PKR president Anwar Ibrahim to Kota Belud, Sabah, on 17 Sep 19 is at the invitation of the Bajau community in the state, said PKR secretary-general Saifuddin Nasution Ismail.
- He dismissed speculations that Anwar’s visit to Sabah, with several of the party leaders, was to recruit or receive new PKR members.
- “They invited Anwar and the rest of the party leaders,” he said, adding that as party president, Anwar was often invited by people from all walks of life.”
- On 6 Sep 19, a news portal reported speculation that former Cabinet minister Salleh Said Keruak and former Dewan Rakyat speaker Pandikar Amin Mulia would be joining PKR.
- According to the report, United Sabah National Organisation (Usno) information chief Musli Oli was quoted as saying that both were among several leaders of the Bajau community in Sabah who will be making the move.
- It was speculated that Salleh and Pandikar Amin would be submitting their applications to join PKR after the Malaysia Day celebrations on 16 Sep 19
External Link : https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2019/09/07/anwars-visit-to-sabah-isnt-aimed-at-getting-new-members-says-pkr/