- April 27, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- PKR president Anwar Ibrahim on 27 Apr 21 spent about 90 minutes in Bukit Aman giving his statement over an alleged telephone conversation between him and Umno president Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.
- Speaking to reporters after giving his statement, Anwar said he was called in as a witness for an investigation under Section 505 (b) of the Penal Code, which involves making statements likely to cause fear or alarm to the public, or to any section of the public, to commit an offence against the state or against public tranquility.
- “I cooperated with the police. My statement was taken as a witness statement. I told them that if there is to be a prosecution, I will give my complete statement,” he told reporters outside Bukit Aman.
- Anwar, who is also the opposition leader, said he also raised several issues, including why the police wanted to make the case a political issue.
- “The government looks desperate now. What is the link between this audio clip and the current economic situation, political instability and abuse of power?” he questioned.
- “I also told them about the audio clip, which has gone viral on social media, sounds like (Prime Minister) Muhyiddin Yassin… on the scheme of things, on threats, bribery, gratification and GLC appointment (in return for political support),” he said.
- He also said that the police should investigate those who leaked such audio clip.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/312682